SUMMARYThe Right Way
- British P.M. David Cameron tells a Conservative Party conference that "I don't support gay marriage in spite of being a conservative, I support gay marriage because I am a conservative" …Parental Controls
- U.K. gay and lesbian parents will soon be able to identify themselves on passport forms for their children as "parent one" and "parent two" instead of "mother" and "father" …Dining and Dancing
- U.S. President Barack Obama keynotes the Human Rights Campaign National Dinner, saying that "every single American deserves to be treated equally in the eyes of the law" while stopping short of endorsing civil marriage equality, but takes Republican presidential wannabes to task for staying silent when the crowd at a recent GOP candidates debate booed a gay soldier serving in Iraq [with an excerpt from that rebuke] …Your Tax Dollars for Discrimination
- the Republican-led House's modified contract with the D.C. law firm defending the Defense of Marriage Act in federal court triples to $1.5 million …Last Call
- Uganda's only "out" bar for sexual minorities is padlocked by the landlord because it attracted "strange" people …Effective Terrorism
- police officials in Belgrade, backed by the Serbian government, ban the city's second Pride march, fearing a repeat of the violence at last year's event …Russian Recidivism
- police try to separate the activists from the violent counter-demonstrators among the 40 people detained in Moscow at one of Russia's first sanctioned LGBT rights rallies …OcQUEERpation
- U.S. LGBT people across the country are a visible part of the growing street protests against corporate greed and government gridlock that began with New York's "Occupy Wall Street" ….
Complete NewsWrap text and this week's podcast to be posted October 10th.
Labels: bisexual, DOMA, gay, human rights, lesbian, LGBT, Obama, transgender, transsexual, U.K., uganda