SUMMARYWe're Here, We're Queer
- Lesbians, Gays and Bisexuals of Botswana win the legal right to exist …Beyond the Law
- Nigerian vigilantes say they've taken 25 gay men into custody and turned them over to authorities for violating Islamic law …Facebutt
- a Saudi Arabian gay man gets a three year sentence for posting his nude photos and offering free gay sex on social media sites …Mad Man
- the owner of "Gayway," an ostensibly gay Asian news and entertainment website based in Taiwan's capital of Taipei, faces up to two years in jail for posting "obscene" pictures to promote his gay erotic massage parlor …BYO Marriage
- New South Wales becomes Australia's third state to recognize the civil marriages of same-gender couples legally performed elsewhere …How Many Is That?
- a District Court makes South Carolina the latest U.S. state to have its ban on civil marriage overturned …Counties On It
- clerks in a growing number of Kansas counties begin issuing marriage licenses to gay and lesbian couples despite state officials' vows to continue defending the ban in court, while Mississippi county clerks prepare to issue licenses to same-gender couples anticipating an imminent ruling by a District Court judge overturning the "Magnolia State" ban …Courtship Rituals
- all parties agree to forgo oral arguments for a directed verdict by a federal judge in a case challenging Montana's ban, a federal judge refuses to dismiss a challenge to South Dakota's ban, and Nebraska officials promise to fight a pending challenge to their ban by the ACLU …Their Michigan
- plaintiff couples appeal last week's aberrant 6th Circuit ruling upholding bans in Michigan and three other states, while Michigan officials ask a court to invalidate the marriages of some 300 same-gender couples who legally wed during the few days in March between a district court decision overturning the ban and a stay being issued pending appeal …Dis-dress Signal
- Malaysia's Deputy PM calls for a challenge to last week's Court of Appeal decision overturning a state's laws against cross-dressing …Rebirthing Process
- new Mexico City legislation allows trans people to change the gender designation on their birth certificates without medical examinations or court orders …Wide Angle
- "Sex Change Day" teaches students at a Japanese high school a valuable lesson ….
Labels: bisexual, Botswana, gay, homophobia, homosexuality, human rights, lesbian, LGBT, marriage equality, Michigan, Mississippi, New South Wales, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, South Carolina, Taiwan, transgender, transsexual